Beer and Honey Brined Pork Chops
- 4 center cut pork chops, 1-inch thick
- Olive oil, for grilling
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning brined chops
BEER AND HONEY BRINE
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 16-ounces American lager-style beer
Place pork chops in large re-sealable bag and set aside.
Add the salt, honey, and cracked peppercorns to a small saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer and stir until salt has dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in mustard, garlic, liquid smoke, and beer.
Allow the brine to cool to room temperature before pouring into the bag with chops.
Squeeze the air from the bag and seal. Place the bag in the cooler or refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
About 30 minutes before grilling, remove the chops from the brine. Rinse the chops and pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper.
Grill chops over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once.
Remove the chops from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.