Beer BBQ Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup American lager-style beer
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a 1-quart saucepan.
Bring to a gentle simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
Cool to room temperature before transferring to an air-tight container.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.