Perfectly Grilled Corn with Chili-Lime Butter and Cotija Cheese
Makes 1 cup of Chili-Lime Butter
For the Chili-Lime Butter:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 medium lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE CORN:
- Corn-on-the-cob, shucked and cleaned
- 1 cup Cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
For the butter: Add butter and chili powder to a medium mixing bowl. Finely grate the lime zest into the bowl. Cut lime in half and squeeze in one half of the lime juice. Mash together with a fork until well-blended. Cover and chill butter until ready to use.
Set your grill for direct medium heat and cook the corn for 4 minutes per side (there are four sides). TIP: Use the grill grates to keep the corn from rolling around.
To serve: Slather corn with chili-lime butter, sprinkle with the Cotija cheese and garnish with the chopped cilantro. Serve hot with lime wedges for squeezing.