Pimiento Cheese Burger Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
FOR PIMIENTO CHEESE:
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 6 oz. extra sharp cheddar, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons drained and chopped pimientos
FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slider or mini burger buns
- Butter lettuce leaves
In a medium bowl, stir everything; except the cheddar cheese and pimientos, until well combined. Fold in the cheese and pimientos. It can be enjoyed at this point, but it is best if it’s left to sit in the fridge for an hour or two to let the flavors meld.
Crumble ground chuck into a large bowl. Add chili powder and toss with until well combined; do not mash together.
Shape ground beef into 12 patties slightly larger than the buns. Indent the burgers with your thumb and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Generously season the burgers with salt and pepper and grill over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium.
Remove from grill and spread patties with pimiento cheese. Serve on hot toasted buns with butter lettuce leaves.