Rosemary Turkey Burgers with Sun Dried Tomato Mayo
SERVES: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toasted burger buns, for serving
- Mixed greens, for serving
SUN DRIED TOMATO AIOLI:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and minced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or creamed
- 1 tablespoon oil from tomato jar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch kosher salt
SUN DRIED TOMATO AIOLI
Makes: 3⁄4 cup
Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Crumble ground turkey into a large mixing bowl. Add in the seasonings and toss gently until well combined. Add in chicken broth and toss again until the broth is mixed in; do not compress the meat.
Divide meat and form into patties slightly larger than the bun. Store in cooler or refrigerator until ready to grill.
Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper and press a dimple into the center of each one with your thumb.
Grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the patties and how hot your grill is. Flip and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°F, don't guess, use an instant read thermometer!
Remove from the grill, cover with foil and rest the burgers 5 minutes before serving.
Serve on toasted buns, dressed the way you like it and slathered with sun dried tomato aioli.