Top Sirloin Steak Kebabs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
FOR THE KEBOBS:
- 21⁄2 pounds top sirloin, 1-1/2 inches thick
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 1 to 2 red bell peppers
- 1 to 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
- six 10- to 12-inch stainless steel skewers (or bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
Make the marinade by whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
Trim the steak and cut into twenty-four 1-1/2 cubes. Place the beef in a re-sealable plastic bag or shallow bowl and pour in half of the marinade. Marinate for at least a couple hours in the cooler or refrigerator. Remove meat from the refrigerator 30 to 40 minutes before grilling.
Prepare the vegetables: Cut mushroom stems flush with the caps. Cut down the sides of the bell peppers and cut into twelve 1-1/2- x 1-1/2-inch pieces of each color pepper. Cut the onions into the same size as the other vegetables.
Thread the skewers alternately with beef cubes; starting and ending with the mushroom caps. Brush kebabs with marinade left over from marinating the beef and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes total, flipping every few minutes for medium rare. Brush kebabs with reserved marinade after every flip.